Friday, August 10, 2012

WOW.  I arrived on Monday and this week has been overwhelming, shocking, outrageous, and fun.  There are about 550 international students at my school, Nanyang Technological University, coming from 30 countries.  It is amazing to see how the stereotypes fail when you find hundreds of adventurous students coming together for a common purpose.  Everyone is making lasting friendships and plans to travel Singapore and SE Asia together.  We are all experiencing something totally new creating memories that will drop jaws of the people who never had it in them to study abroad.

So far, I have been to Chinatown, Little India, Marina Bay, and several other amazing places.  I saw the best fireworks of my life yesterday and have already eaten liver, stomach, and frog legs.  To say the least, I am open to just about everything as I try to jam pack as much as I can in these four and a half months. Now, I am off to a wakeboarding cable park and Sentosa Beach for the day.  I am so incredibly thankful for everything here!

I'll keep you posted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment