Sunday, August 5, 2012

As I sit in the San Francisco airport, three hours from heading to Tokyo and then on to Singapore, I am attempting to figure out how I got to this point.  Three years ago, I was starting to pack for my freshman year at Central Michigan University.  I knew that I would enjoy business because I like working with people, and I decided to add International to the mix so I could possibly get some travel benefits in the future.  Well, here I am ready to embark on my second semester study abroad experience.  I have never traveled across an ocean, and the majority of what I know about Asia I have learned on restaurant menus.

Yet, there are a few things that I know for sure.  The next four and a half months are going to be life-changing.  I am going to establish lasting friendships with other adventurous people from all over the world.  I will see the beauty of southeast Asian geography and culture.  Lastly, I will constantly get out of my comfort zone as I create memories for the future grandchildren.  I thank God every day for the life he has given me, and I will not take it for granted.

See you in Singapore soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment