I meant to make a post every 3-4 days and to my surprise it has been eight! There are reasons for these things... School has begun and it is a whirlwind around here. Exchange students, including myself, are frantically contacting advisors and professors attempting to register for the classes they need! There are now 30,000 students on campus walking, running, busing, and driving on the wrong side of the road or path! International students are beginning to plan trips to other countries while the locals start studying! Lastly, we are all joining clubs and sports teams to try to be involved in something more than the nightlife and touring SE Asia.
In the past week, I have continued to meet great people and experience more of Singapore. For example, on Friday I took the MRT and buses halfway across the island in the pouring rain in order to meet a businessman here. He was kind enough to give me some great insight on the culture in order to help me with a research project. As expected, we discussed our lives and families for the first 15 minutes as he handed me his business card with two hands. After the last 45 minutes of our meeting he proceeded to take me out to lunch at a local country club. I was encouraged to try some traditional Singapore food. I had never eaten a whole fish before...
To say the least, things are going well and I'm being challenged in several areas of my life. This experience is about growing holistically and I know that is and will be the case. By the way, I learned that my university has Campus Crusade! I attended their first meeting and I will be placed into a small group this week :).
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment