Ladies and Gentlemen, I actually had a very relaxing weekend in Singapore, for multiple reasons. 1) Traveling is expensive. 2) Traveling is tiring. Spending back-to-back weekends in two of the biggest cities in SE Asia exhausts even the hardiest college traveler. It was time for a break. 3) The bacteria may have gotten the best of me. As I mentioned to a friend, most Singapore food stations would not pass the United States' strict health and safety codes. Tomorrow I plan to go to the medical center to figure out if I do indeed have a small stomach virus. 4) Nanyang Technological University is ranked as a top 50 university in the world on multiple lists. In other words, assignments and studying must be completed at some point. In addition, I am registered for two classes at home. 5) Finally, I signed up for a marathon in December! This is a feat I have wanted to accomplish for many months. I hope that the discipline of this training will carry over into the other areas of my life.
Other news: I found a mentor from Campus Crusade for Christ that I plan to meet with every week, I bought my round-trip ticket to Phnom Penh to hang out with my brother Derek for recess week, I am seriously considering spending the money to get my scuba diving certification soon!
Thanks for reading!
Props on the marathon! Hope you feel better soon; maybe all that travelling has taken a toll on your system. :(
ReplyDelete