I definitely feel as if I've gotten into the "swing of things" here in Singapore. Some help came from Disney's infamous "Cool Runnings" movie, while much more came from the Lord. I no longer have to frequently look at my class schedule to remember the times and locations of my courses. I am going to bed at decent times while strictly following my marathon training plan. For the most part, I'm even staying up on my studying, e-mails, and communication with people here and back home. Even more, my 10-day stomach from last week finished on Friday. I feel great!
This past Saturday three friends and I completed a sort of obstacle race that was a ton of fun. For $5 a person we got a great shirt, free movie ticket, lunch, beer, and a wonderful time. My group even won a dance-off to the current South Korean phenomenon "Gangnam Style" which earned us $100. Sunday, I finally made it to Church in the morning where I enjoyed a great service and met some awesome people. Yesterday, my first small group for Campus Crusade had dinner and got to know each other. In addition, this week I have been eagerly getting ready for my weekend in Bintan Island, Indonesia, just a short ferry ride from Singapore. After finishing "Tuesdays With Morrie" and "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" in the past two weeks I'm optimistic and thinking I can finish another book this weekend at the beach. Any suggestions?!
No comments:
Post a Comment