Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Where is my costume?!  I'm sorry folks but this year I am not dressing up.  One, my guess is Singapore does not have many halloween shops.  Two, you never know what random things may be expensive here.  Three, it is bloody hot from dawn until dusk, any extra apparel is not worth it to me.  Four, it would be pretty difficult to trick or treat in this place.  Okay, now I am just making excuses.

Sometimes the world seems so small.  For example, I have traveled as far away from the US as possible, but I have still met a couple of exchange students who are members of my business fraternity.  Yet, it is the disasters like Storm Sandy that remind you of the Earth's size and power.  As millions lose power, their homes, and for some their lives, life in Singapore is unchanged.  In fact, Storm Sandy probably isn't even the most threatening phenomenon in the world right now.  As I hear the requests of so many to pray for those in the storm, I hope myself and others can remember to pray for the rest of the world and its problems each day.

Not much has changed here in the last week.  Call me unpatriotic, but I have decided I am not voting because it would cost $60 to ship my ballot back to Michigan in time.  I wish I would have registered much earlier, but it was not the first thing on my mind during the excitement of starting my semester in Singapore.  On Saturday, I am going to Legoland Malaysia.  I always enjoy an opportunity that gives me an excuse to act like a little kid.  Children seem to be much more advanced than us college students and adults when it comes to their attitudes on life. 

November will be my last full month and I'm excited to see what God has in store for me.  My goal is to find joy each day in my many blessings while trying not to dread the upcoming exam finals.  Thanks for reading everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment